Sunday, March 8, 2009

Wrestling at Twenty Paces


My four-year old, Andrew, loves to wrestle. In fact, he is actually getting pretty good. He has mastered all of the great techniques that I have taught him, like feigning injury if for some reason you get rolled onto your back. We are even able to use wrestling as a means to get him to eat healthy food. We just say, "Well, it looks like dad is going to beat you at wrestling today if you don't eat your brussels sprouts," and he's on them like a tornado in a trailer park. Talk about pretty strong psychology, I won't even eat those yucky things.

Well, Andrew has taken his game to an all new level. His latest strategy is to catch me at my weakest moments and then fly out of nowhere at full speed in an airborne tackle. Like the other day I come in the door after running a grueling 8 miles, and before I knew what hit me, I'm on my back with Andrew saying, "Let's Wrestle", and then he counts to three as fast as he can while simultaneously slapping the ground to indicate the pin. I had no chance. He was like lightning and I was...well, like pooped.

Like I said, he's getting good. He's got me always looking over my shoulder. I'm losing sleep thinking that out of the darkness at 3:00 a.m. will come this ninja styled attack. Who would have ever thought that a preschooler could strike the fear into the heart of man by uttering the words,

"LET'S WRESTLE!"

1 comment:

  1. A 4 year old can knock you to the ground? Granted he is no ordinary 4 year old!

    ReplyDelete