Monday, June 22, 2009

RAGNAR!!!


The race was run. I live to tell the tale. I had the time of my life running in the RAGNAR series race called the Wasatch Back. I am going to post the tortuous (for both the experience and for the reader who will read the account) as soon as I get a few extra seconds. For now I will just give the gory details.

1. 188 miles, Logan to Park City, Utah
2. 12 member relay team
3. Finished 106 out of 679 teams (27 hours, 31 minutes, 4.4 seconds) top 15%
4. 14,561 vertical feet in 4 mountain passes.
5. I personally got to do 14% (2031 ft) of those vertical feet.
6. Personally ran 16.7 miles in three legs (3.5, 9.6, 3.6 miles)
7. Final 3.6 miles was on Guardsman Pass, nearly 1500 vertical feet. (ouch)
8. 9.6 mile leg was run at 3:00 a.m. (9.6 miles was the longest single leg of all 36 legs)
9. Every Member of our team was over 40.

Ok the rest I will save. I hope this will whet your appetite.

By the way, the picture isn't me.

2 comments:

  1. Over 40? Wow you guys are getting up there. That sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to clarify about the picture. :-) that is cool about your race. I'm glad that you told more details because when i was asking jenny about how much you had to run etc. she didn't know. i've heard a lot about this race. that is a lot of running. especially for an old man! just kidding. good job!!

    ReplyDelete