Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beauty Sleep in Ten Minute Chunks


BEEP!...BEEP!...BEEP!. If I hear that alarm go off one more time, I think that I might huck it out the window. I know that it is not right to "throw someone under the bus", but I need help in understanding what this girl is thinking.

This girl is my oldest daughter, who for some reason sets her alarm every night to go off early in the morning. The first strange thing with this is that it is summer and she sleeps until mid-morning. The next strange thing is that the alarm will go off and beep for minutes at a time and then instead of shutting it off, will hit the snooze alarm repeatedly so that we can enjoy this occurrence every ten minutes for the next couple of hours.

Even during the school year she will set her alarm 1-1 1/2 hours before she needs to get up and continues to hit the snooze alarm, until finally, after the rest of the family has been rudely awakened for the last couple of hours, will turn it off. Upon questioning her why she does this, she says that she does it so if for some chance that if she decides to get up earlier she can. BUT SHE NEVER DOES!!!

I feel sorry for the rest of the family who experiences this every day (Saturday and Sundays included). I only have to endure it when I don't leave very early in the morning to work.

Is there some rational thought to this behavior or do I need to have some alarm clock intervention?

2 comments:

  1. there is something about pushing the snooze button. maybe she relishes that she's conscience enough to realize that she's not having to get up. cause if you are just sleeping- you're not realizing that you are sleeping. so it's her way of waking up just enough to realize she gets to sleep in. but sucks to be the rest of you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY! I think it is a great idea! And now you guys are discouraging me to get up early. :)
    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete