Monday, March 29, 2010

The Sweet Sounds of Successful Cook-Offs


My youngest daughter was performing a musical number together with one of her friends at a church activity. When I ran up to catch the performance I discovered that the church activity also included a chili cook-off.

I was nabbed as a non-biased judge and was told to sample twenty different pots of chili. I started out eating bowls full, then slowed to spoonfuls, and finally just sampled one bean at a time.

I thought that I was going to burst from the built up pressure.

After they announced the winners, they offered a special thanks to the judges who quietly went about all their efforts. I slowly leaned over to the guy next to me and said, "I have a stinkin' feeling that's all going to change tonight."

It would take all my efforts to go about quietly.

3 comments: