Friday, April 3, 2009

Glutton for Punishment

I've been asked what I did as a routine to accomplish what I did in this body fat contest.

Diet: Ate smaller meals up to 6 times a day which eliminated sugar, unhealthy fats, and bad carbs. Ate high protein, good carbs, fruits and vegetables, and drank tons of water.



Exercise: 4:30 a.m. - run ramping sprints, 2-3 miles (3 times per week)
5:30 a.m. - Swim 1.5-2 miles (5 times per week)
Lift weights 45 minutes (3 times per week)
Run sometime during the day an additional 6-13 miles (6 times per week)
100 pushups before bed (every night)



Basic summary: 50 miles of running, 10 miles swimming per week.
All running and even weight lifting took place outdoors all winter
long regardless of -20 degree temperatures, rain, snow, or wind.

5 comments:

  1. I can't read what the elephant is saying. And it bothers me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it said something like, "I am exercising discretion" and some other mumbo-jumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. REX - Can it still count as your birthday?? It's technically the a.m. of the 7th but I haven't gone to bed yet so it's still the 6th to me. SO - HAPPY BIRTHDAY. It was fun catching up on your posts. I love the genius of Jenny getting you to be the slave driver and how you think you are hot and how you didn't say which pic was before and which was after - that is a real head scratcher. You did so awesome in that contest. Let that vain side shine cause seriously - think about it - you are officially better and awesomer than 34 people. put that in your pipe and smoke it. I hope your birthday was great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the birthday wish. I guess I'm officially starting the second half of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glutton for punishment? So THAT'S why you married me.

    ReplyDelete