Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Aging Gracefully with My Car

I drive carefully home yesterday because we received over 2 feet of new snow. The Roads were a mess, but I made it into our small town ok. While driving down the road towards our house I was making a comment to myself about how high the snowbanks were (6-8 feet), when all of a sudden a truck with a plow came flying out of a driveway attempting to push some snow across the road and just nailed me.

The guy felt bad especially after he saw how damaged my car was. So, we make a walk around my car trying to assess the damage. He would point out things and say, "wow, that's bad!", and I would have to say, "Um, that was all ready there." We continued this process for about 10 minutes, and each time he pointed things out, I could see no distinguishable difference from how the car was before. We finally just gave up, and I drove away.

By the way, his snow plow was totalled.

Funny thing about this is that I no longer get embarrassed by how my car looks. I think that I have arrived at white trash nirvana.

2 comments:

  1. Tee Hee! You don't need theft insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly a hazardous material special use permit, though.

    ReplyDelete