Thursday, February 26, 2009

Action! Wait, I Meant, Cut!


Post Orlando trip assignments were handed out by the boss and I received the job of making the movie of the whole trip experience to be shown at a post trip party to be held sometime in the near future. I took on the challenge with great enthusiasm and spent more time on making it than we actually spent on the trip. I paid great attention to detail catching all of the subtlest nuances and then enhancing them by adding our favorite Disney songs. Like matching up when my mother-in-law got pooped on by a passing pigeon with, "Mr. Bluebird's on my shoulder". You know, great stuff like that. We'll I held a pre-screening showing of the masterpiece to Jenny and Alicia. They sat and watched patiently. I did get a little nervous when in the middle of the show Jenny got up and got a notepad and started writing. I just blew it off thinking that she was just writing love notes to me.

Well, when it was all over and to my relief, they said that it was perfect. Oh how the validation endorphins started flowing. But then it happened. Jenny says, "oh, there is just one tiny thing that you might want to tweak." Hey, I could handle that, no big problem. So I'm thinking to myself, let's get this thing into mass production so it can hit the streets within the hour. But 'then it happened', continued to happen. "And maybe after you do that you can change this...and that" for infinitum. By the time that the bloody barrage was over and my tender heart beat for maybe its last time, the movie no longer resembled anything of goodness and rightness and testosterone. Me and my movie had been neutered. The academy of motion pictures won't even let me put my name on the credits anymore because there isn't even a trace of my DNA left in it. Oh well, what's a person supposed to do...oh, blog about it.

In all fairness, maybe it is a little better now. Ok, maybe a lot better now.

6 comments:

  1. We have got to see that film that you produced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the movie was great.

    Well, all except...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - where's the movie? You can't just post about a movie and then not have it available for your fans. Public relations Rex - public relations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll make a movie trailer. The original is over 30 minutes long and has some PG-13 (PG=pretty gross) skin scenes. There's a teaser photo on one of the earlier trip blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi to the Wards. How's it going? Also, good to see you too Katie. I pay Jenny for her comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope I'm invited to see both versions, I'm sure they both ROCK! I'm bring treats!

    ReplyDelete