Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And BINGO Was His NAME-O


Once a year my work puts on an employee appreciation luncheon. It is an opportunity for our senior leadership to thank us for all of the hard work that we have shown in the last year, yada, yada, yada. You get the picture. Well, to liven everything up, a few years ago, I suggested that we play some BINGO. I was joking, but they took me seriously because they view me as mister fun and excitement. What can I say, I work with a bunch of engineers. They hired me on the spot and now year after year it is my job assigment to be the annual BINGO caller.


So tomorrow, I am hosting the seventh annual BINGO event. It has actually been kind of fun and I have added my own twists to it. Its kind of been a combination of 'deal or no deal', 'let's make a deal', 'the price is right', and 'the Apprentice' or was that 'the Bachelor'. Whatever ever it is, it is the one with the married guy acting single with the wacky hairdo. There is nothing like being able to fire your boss, even if it is pretend.



It is amazing to see that there is actually something that gets people more worked up into a frenzy than a 4:00 a.m. after Christmas sale at Walmart. All you need is a little gambling with free money. I usually get a pocket full of $1 bills donated to me that I use to try and buy some nice prizes back from the winners. It's amazing how someone will give up a $100 gift for 10-$1 bills.

Then I remember how these are the same people who voted in our last election and I get really depressed.

2 comments:

  1. HOw does one get an invite to such a momentous occasion? I would get a kick out of seeing you in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm available for reunions, office gatherings,bar mitzvahs, etc. For a couple of cookies I'll even throw in a clown with balloons.

    ReplyDelete