Monday, March 2, 2009

I am Man, Hear Me...squeek


So Grandma Smart calls yesterday. It is the first time that we have talked to her since the big Orlando trip of which she came with us. We have been excited about the big post trip party that we are going to have where we will show the movie (I know that you are about sick of me talking about the trip and the movie by now) that I made. So everyone is excited to talk to her, especially me because I want to tell her about 'the movie'. So all of the kids talk to her first. I keep interjecting that I want my turn to talk to her. They each take forever going over all of 'their' exciting news from the past several weeks. Finally, the kids are done and the last one hands the phone to Jenny and says that grandma wants to talk to her.

In the back ground I can her Jenny saying things like, "And then he put in the bird poop scene matched to this song, and then he put in the I'm too sexy song when Grandpa Smart stripped down to jump in the Ocean, and blah, blah, blah, (loud laughter)..."

All of my jewels that I was so anxiously awaiting to tell her. The next thing that I know is that Jenny comes back with no phone.

I said, "Hey, when do I get to talk to Grandma?"

She said,"Oh we were finished so we hung up".

"But, I wanted to talk to her" (with my best whiney voice).

"Oh, we didn't think you were serious, plus she only needed to talk to one adult."

...I wish I was a kid again.

3 comments:

  1. OH - poor rex! I really like the title of this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I thought this was a no whining family!

    ReplyDelete