Monday, July 6, 2009

The Old Grey Mare


When they say that the old grey mare, she ain't what she used to be, in my case you can leave off the 'what she used to be'. You can just say the old grey mare, she ain't because she never was. At least that's what I feel like when it comes to running. I know I'm not fast, but I love to be competitive. So when I lose, I just whine and complain about getting old.

Well, I ran a 10k on the 4th of July. I finished in 46 minutes 38 seconds. I was hoping to do it in 45 minutes. Conditions were good for running, I just think that I took off a little too fast, which hurt me in the middle miles. I finished 4th in my age group and 13th overall.

Two of my daughters ran in the one mile. They both did great with the oldest finishing 4th in the women's category and winning a ribbon.

I think that my last great hope for glory now resides in the accomplishment of my children. Way to go kids!!!! you did awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment