Thursday, July 2, 2009

Can You Hear Me Yet?


One of the necessary evils in life is the periodic trip to the local Jiffy Lube for an oil change, and if you are really lucky you get to add in emissions and inspection at the same time. Today was such a lucky day. The long wait is painful enough on its own, but worse than that is suffering through the poor phone etiquette. They place you in a small waiting room, where anything that is said is unfortunately heard. Here are some excerpts from two phone calls I was forced to listen to:

Call One:

Lady: Hey, I'm going to be late, this is taking forever, some jerk got here before me (I'm guessing this is me, because I could see no other jerk besides me there that got there before her)

Call Two: (This guy actually made this call with the speaker phone on)

Guy: I just called the pharmacy and they said that they didn't have my (some drug). I really need it because I am starting to have a panic attack.

Doctor's Office: Oh yes, we want to get you that order called in for you, because we know how bad the last one was. We don't want you to cause any harm to yourself or anyone else around you like last time.

At this point, I kind of had mixed emotions if it was a good thing or a bad thing that I had become so personally acquainted with these people.

I know that I wanted to get on the phone with my doctor and say, "Hey, this is the jerk. I think I'm about ready to have a panic attack."

Has anyone else had any interesting phone conversations that you have overheard?

4 comments:

  1. Those are some juicy phone conversations! They must have been very entertaining during the boring wait at the lube.

    My favorite cell phone moment is when I think some stranger is starting up a conversation with me, but as I greet them back I see they've got a cell phone to their ear and they're giving me a disturbed look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is awesome. Ogden? That explains it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I had a busy day and ended up doing scripture study over the phone on Saturday. So, I was at home reading scriptures to him and he was waiting in line at Walmart to purchase some props I needed for sharing time the next day. We read a scripture about being circumcised of heart and started talking about circumcision in general and whether or not it’s a good practice today, etc. I don’t remember what he actually said, but I do remember him being very careful to not say some specific words. It would have been fun to be at Walmart and try and guess what the conversation my husband was having over the phone was about.

    ReplyDelete