Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Meant to be Seen not Worn?


This coat gets a lot of mileage but is never worn. My youngest daughter is frequently requested to not leave the house during the winter months without a coat. She will then grab this coat stubbornly when walking out the door. I figure that when she realizes that she is cold, she will be glad that she has the coat and will put it on. So, she then walks tirelessly around with it under her arm, never once putting it on. Even at the outdoor concert that I blogged about earlier this month, where I thought that I would freeze to death, it wasn't donned. I and another daughter used it as a insulation pad underneath us as we sat on the bench.

Even as we went sledding yesterday in temperatures that were in the teens, this was the result (as seen above)

3 comments:

  1. yeah, what is the deal with that? i remember having coat fights with my dad ALL THE TIME. what was i thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She'll carry it outside under her arm, so I like to call it the armpit warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cole is the same way. I said, "I don't want to take care of you when you get sick, so wear the coat!" How's that for motherly love? I guess I really meant, I don't want you to get sick.

    ReplyDelete