Thursday, December 10, 2009

On the Third Day of Festivus My True Love...

I was thinking to myself as I was listening to some Christmas music the other day on the radio that it seemed rare to hear a new song and not just a remixed version of "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer". I was guessing that the ratio had to be at least 20:1 of original new and remix new.

Well, this is the latest 'Holiday' song from our own Senator Orrin Hatch. There hasn't been as much excitement out there for a new song since Mr. Sir Paul McCartney came up with that forever classic, "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime". I'm not too sure of what I think of Senator Hatch's song, but I am certainly glad that he took the time out of his busy schedule to actually do something productive (health care reform is such the drag). I'm not sure if he has gotten the details all correct, after all he's a mormon singing about Jewish history. What's next, a Jew singing Christmas songs...Oh yeah, Neal Diamond's all ready done that. He even had his own Christmas Special to boot.

All I can say from this clip is that Senator Hatch sure looks good on camera.



Eight Days of Hanukkah from Tablet Magazine on Vimeo.



By the way, what is your all time favorite Christmas song? I think mine is "Silent Night". "Feliz Navidad" may be a close second.

5 comments:

  1. what the what?? that is so funny! it's kinda catchy huh? la la la lala la la....

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I only thought Adam Sandler could make Hanakkah entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, Hanukkah. It's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm, that's a bit bizarre.
    Hip hop Hanukkah, by Orrin Hatch?
    Thanks for sharing, who knew but you?

    ReplyDelete