Thursday, December 31, 2009

Name the Decade Contest


What are we supposed to call this next decade? I need both a working title and a nick name. We floundered around for 10 years not knowing what to call the last one, though I have heard that Time Magazine has nicknamed it the decade from he**. Hopefully, we can come up with something a little more sprightly for the next half score of years.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Prizes will be awarded.

Regardless, I wish you all the best in the new year.

(I'm personally running with the p-20s. aka pre-twenties or maybe decade X, i.e. 10's to you non Romans, or Y2KX, or XX:double X)

2 comments:

  1. I think the easiest thing to call it would be the tens. I'm just relieved that we can start saying "twenty--" as in "twenty-ten, twenty-thirteen, etc." It was impossible to say "twenty-one," or "twenty-nine" but I'm glad I don't have to say "two-thousand--" whatever anymore. I know it's just one extra syllable, but I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very original. It just might stick.

    ReplyDelete