Friday, March 6, 2009

Catch and Release


Keeping with the White Trash theme, my office is in a group of trailers outside our main office complex. One of my fellow co-workers in an adjacent trailer came into my office and said that he had heard a cough and some scratching underneath his office. We quickly surmised that we are dealing with a skunk or some other nefarious critter. He asked me if I could bring my trap and my wife. Not catching on at first, I asked, "Why that combo?" He said, "You know, the catch and release program, where you catch the skunk and then you have your wife release it."

OH, the pain of stories that never die.

If you are one of the very few that have not heard of this infamous story, please go to belligerentblogging.blogspot.com and looked under past posts labeled 'Creatures' and look for the story called 'The Skunk'. And then someday, when the statute of limitations has expired and the gag order is lifted, I will be able to tell my side of the story.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, talk about not dying. My sisters-in-law were talking about the skunk story in California. It's spreading like wild fire, I think it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rex, your side of the story doesn't really matter... It just ain't never goin' to be okay to leave yer wife to kill them critters!

    ReplyDelete