Thursday, March 19, 2009

It was Like Kissing Your Sister


This one's kind of embarrassing. I've been swimming at the local high school as part of a body fat contest that I have been participating in. Well, often there is a water aerobics class that I have to walk by after I'm done swimming. I'm kind of self conscience about my physique, so I kind of look away towards the outside glass as I hurriedly walk by. As I walked by the other day I heard my name called out. At first I thought that I had misheard until the whole class yells out my name. I turn and see that my niece is in the class and that she just wanted to say hi to me. Knowing that I now had the whole attention of the class, I mosey along as fast as I can.

Later that night, I get a call from my niece to hear a little confession from her. She said that her friend had seen me get out of the pool as I started walking toward the class. She motioned to my niece and said, "hey, look at that hot guy!", and she replied, "Yeah, he's kind of buff!" . Well, obviously distances are deceiving because when I got close enough she all of a sudden realized, that she had been talking about her uncle. I think that is when the nausea set in for her.

Her final comment to me on the phone was, "oh, by the way, we noticed how you were checking yourself out in the window." I've been doing all of my swimming laps ten feet under the water since then.

6 comments:

  1. Embarrassing, yes. But a good way to make sure we know teenage girls are checking you out. Besides, I hear you ARE kissing my sister (in-law.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing more rewarding than having a whole class of women in water aerobics calling your name (except when it tears you away from your self-adoration, of course.)
    And, by the way, you ARE looking buff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edith's kissing comment is a rumor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny's comment has more truth than I'm willing to admit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What part? The part about your self-adoration, or the part about you being so buff? If I were Jenny, I'd be worried that you might trade in your 32 for 2 16's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeAH???? Well, I went to a water aerobics class at my gym and got whistled at by the old men. Beat that mister. So what if I was about 40 years younger than anyone else in the pool - a whistle is a whistle.
    Wait did I hear a rebuttal that high school girls checking you out DOES beat old men whistling at you? SHOOT!

    ReplyDelete