Saturday, March 28, 2009

Whistle While You Get Worked to Death


Jenny, my wife, is a logistics genius. We have been finding that getting Saturday jobs done has been a little difficult. Everyone gets distracted so easily, or we simple have an aversion to work. Jenny solved the problem with one short sentence. She simply said that I can't do anything fun on Saturday until all the kid's jobs are done.

It has been amazing how things changed over night. Jenny knew that I liked to get up early and get my stuff done and then distract everyone else. Now, I'm a slave driver whooping all of those kids into shape. No sleeping in until 6:00 a.m. anymore on Saturday mornings for those little darlings. It's Jenny's ultimate win-win-win: Get the house clean, in record time, without the kids blaming her for their tortured lives.

2 comments:

  1. She's really taken it to a whole new level!! GENIUS!!! Why are you passing this information on to the rest of the slave driving wives and mothers of the world? I guess you want others to suffer in misery with you, nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of my whip cracking.

    ReplyDelete